Sunday, January 20, 2008

Life Lessons From My 4 Year Old

Hey everyone - it's Charlene, aka 'Mama to the Moncrief Girls.' Today was a really tough day. The only thing harder than being a mother is being a working mother, and working I mean, working the work force. As if you're not already feeling like you don't have enough hands to cook meals, do laundry, kiss boo boos, break up fights, teach your girls the difference between right and wrong, and most importantly, make sure they always know they're loved no matter what. Add to that having to deal with all the craziness that a work environment can add, and it can get really overwhelming. REALLY overwhelming. Zac mentioned that I'm a checker, and that's an awesome job. But it's also an awesome responsibility and me being the uber-perfectionist that I can be, it's hard to do everything perfect all the time. (Although I certainly do try.)

Anyway, after having one of the hardest days in my life at work (trust me, it was), you know what finally, FINALLY made it better? When Bella came up to me, handed me an Ariel sticker and said, 'Here mama, this one is for love.' Kids are intuitive; they know when something is amiss. Her 4 year old little brain just knew that I needed a pick me up, someone to tell ME that I'm loved too, no matter what. And that's when it hit me... it's all about this. Whatever b.s. is happening in the world, in that moment, Bella, Vivi and Zac were all that mattered. And really, that's what living is all about. Thank God Bella was there to teach it to me.

2 comments:

Martin & Grace Vu said...

Yes, Cookieface, is DA BEST!!! You guys are so lucky. I can't wait till soon Vivi is speaking in full conversation and we can actually understand her (without Papa's help!!)! Love you guys!

Moncrief Girls said...

that's for blogging Lynn- I need all the help and insight possible for this blog to work... MAYBE GRACE WILL POST SOMETHING SOMEDAY SOON, TOO:)
Zac