Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Great Day...

Hi all - it's Charlene. I wanted to chime in and take a second to record a great day I had with Vivi today. I'm going through a bit of a hiatus right now, so I'm trying to spend as much time as possible with my girls as I possibly can before the storm of another job hits me. Today was my one on one day with Vivi. Bella was in preschool till 3, so I had most of the day alone with my Vieves. I try and really enjoy all the time I spend with my girls, but I won't lie and say that having the two of them together can drive me crazy. I almost go into survival mode where I'm just trying to stop another fight over a toy or take care of one while the other needs me for something else... the last thing I'm doing is 'enjoying' them, if you know what I mean. So today was awesome. We started out at our favorite mom and pop donut shop, 'Donut Prince' where Vivi picked out a chocolate glaze and proceeded to ONLY eat the chocolate glaze off the top. Then we went to Auntie Aning & Claring's house (my mom's sisters) where we visited for a while. Then we visited Auntie Grace at her work where Vivi then picked out and ate 3 Easter chocolates from her Auntie's desk (did I mention that Vivi was a sugar fiend?). We came home, napped for an hour and a half and then picked up Bella. Overall, it was just a really great day. I was reminded of all the cool, funny, adorable little quirks Vivi has because it was just she and I. I kind of fell in love all over again with being a mother ... I can't wait to be able to spend my 'day' with Bella!

BTW - this pic was from Vivi's 2nd birthday on March 2nd - a homemade CHOCOLATE cake just for my Vieves!

3 comments:

Moncrief Girls said...

YAY for Mama Vivi day- Hey do us all a favor and add some of those "little quirks" viv has so we can have them all documented on here, too:)
YAY LYNN POST!

OmGirl said...

Do to popular demand, here are my top 5 Vivi quirks:

5. She loves chocolate. And I mean LOVES chocolate.
4. She knows the words to almost the entire soundtrack to High School Musical 2 - trust me, we listened to it ALL day.
3. When she smiles her really, really, really BIG smile, the whole world stops and all you can do is smile with her.
2. She can climb into her car seat all by herself and buckle the top part in.

AND THE NUMBER ONE BEST QUIRK ABOUT THE VIEVES IS:

1. She can dance non stop for 13 minutes straight, and eat grapes, ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

Martin & Grace Vu said...

Yay for Vieves!!! I'm glad that she loves chocolate- I guess that we all have to start a talent young, you know! :) Thanks for visiting me today!! Please keep coming back again and again!!